HoneyDo Lifestyles was launched in 2008 with the goal of providing consistent daily living assistance for her Granny, and a few neighbors. But, quickly they discovered that this was an under-served service that was far-reaching.
Honeydo Lifestyle Assistant Inc specializes in aligning with each of its client’s abilities, to support their lifestyle and independence, with what they need, as they need it. They offer support for non-medical tasks from companionship, housekeeping, laundry, meals, escorted appointments and errands, to more complex needs of bathing, med reminders, rising and bedtime routines, and dementia and personal care.
They service the areas of the South Fraser regions of Delta, S Surrey, Richmond and White Rock.
Honeydo Lifestyle was recently awarded the 2017 Air Miles Small Business Achievement Award ‘Social Venture of the Year’, the Rotary Clubs of Delta Business Ethics Award for 2016, and has been voted #1 for Customer Service for more than 3 years running.
Jennifer and Rhonda talk about why seniors want to stay in their home, what services HoneyDo Lifestyle Assistant offers, and what it’s like to work in this industry.
Key Points & Questions
[03:20] Why do seniors want to stay in their home?
[5:32] Approximately 95% of BC seniors live independently. 80% live in their own home and 26% live alone.
- [6:49] Can you share a time when Honey Do had a positive impact on someone’s life?
- [9:10] What kind of skills and qualifications would you need to get into this line of work?
- [11:18] We do an intake assessment. It’s a great opportunity to find out their needs.
- [13:05] We look for the strengths that the senior has so we can build on them and keep them in their home.
- [17:20] Sometimes just having a housekeeper coming in can help take some of the burden.
- [19:50] We grow, or recede based on the needs of the person.